The Directorate of Tourism was established by virtue of Executive Decree No. 376-2000 of 22 November 2000, after it was an inspector of tourism and handicraft. The decree was amended under No. 05-216 of 11 June 2005, which includes the establishment of the Directorate of Tourism in the Wilayah. 257. As amended by the aforementioned decree dated 20 October 2010, as well as the Joint Ministerial Decision of 20 May 2013, the Directorate of Tourism and Handicraft comprises three interests
1- The Tourism Department has three offices
– Investment Investment and Tourism Planning Office
– Tourism and Statistics Development Support Office
– Office for monitoring tourist activities, hotel and mineral baths
2 – The interest of the traditional industry and includes three offices
– Office of the development of traditional industry and crafts
– Office of Studies and Statistics
– Office of Control of Handicraft and Professional Activities
3- Administration and Means Department, which includes three offices
– User and configuration office
– Office of Budget and Accounting
– Public Media Office
Pursuant to the provisions of Executive Decree No. 10-257 of 12 Dhu al-Qa’dah 1431, corresponding to October 20, 2010, it includes the establishment of external departments of the Ministry of Tourism and Handicraft and defines its functions and organization.
Functions of the Directorate in the field of tourism:
• Prepare an annual work plan for tourism activities.
• Initiate any action that will create an appropriate environment and catalyze the sustainable development of local tourism activities.
• Ensuring the sustainable development of tourism by working to value local capacities.
• Encourage the emergence of diverse and quality tourism offerings.
• Implementing programs and measures for the promotion and development of tourism activities and mineral baths and evaluating their results.
• Collect, analyze and provide statistical monitoring mechanism for the sector in the field of informatics and statistical data on activities related to the tourism economy and mineral baths and ensure their dissemination.
• Contribute with the sectors involved in the promotion of national and foreign partnerships, especially in the fields of investment and human resource formation
• Integration of tourism activities within the tools of regionalization and urbanization and the evaluation of areas and locations of tourism expansion.
• Direct tourism investment projects and follow up with the concerned bodies.
• Ensure that tourism activities are consistent with the application of the rules and quality standards prescribed in this field.
• Contribute to the improvement of tourism services, especially those related to cleanliness and health and security protection associated with tourism activity.
• To ensure that the needs of citizens and the aspirations of tourists in the area of rest and recreation and promotion.
• Ensure the implementation of processing and management budgets in the tourist side.
• Ensure follow-up of the implementation of the support operations entitled Fund investment and the promotion and quality of tourism activities.
• Participate in the preparation and implementation of the financing of tourism activities in the South and High Commissions.
• Activating and framing foreign interests, intermediary spaces and the collective movement that is active in tourism at the local level.
• To engage in communication with the relevant sectors in the preparation and implementation of training, improving the level, renewing knowledge and valuing human resources.
• Contribute to the preparation of the annual and multi-year plan for the development of tourism in the state.
• Preparing the outcomes of the three-year and annual activities of tourism activity.
Functions of the Directorate in the Field of Handicraft:
• Prepare an annual and multi-year work plan for the development of traditional industry.
• Initiating any action that would create an appropriate development for the sustainable development of traditional industry.
• Contribute to the protection, preservation and rehabilitation of the heritage of traditional industry.
• Ensuring the application and observance of laws, regulations, standards and models relating to quality in the field of production and the practice of traditional industry activities.
• Participate in the follow-up of the implementation of support operations entitled National Fund for the Promotion of Traditional Crafts Activities.
• Participate in the preparation and implementation of the financing of traditional industry activities in the South and High Commissions.
• Participate in efforts to integrate traditional industry activities into the local economic system.
• Strengthening and revitalizing the work of organizations, professional associations, associations and intermediary spaces active in the field of traditional industry.
• Initiate technical, economic and social investigations and studies related to the evaluation of craft activities.
• Collect and ensure distribution of statistical information and data in the field of traditional industry.
• Framing economic events for the promotion and revitalization of traditional industry and crafts.
• Ensure the implementation of the processing and management budget recorded under the title of traditional industry.
• Preparation of triangular and annual outcomes of traditional industry activity.